Saab Australia recognises our success comes from our highly valued people. Our people are important to us as we continually strive to enhance the employee experience as part of our ‘Employer of Choice’ program. We are also committed to extending our workforce's diversity which will broaden our skill base and lead to more innovative thinking.
Historically in Australia, the proportion of female engineers has been low. As a nation we need more women studying engineering because we know diverse teams are more successful. In the 2011 Australian census, only 11.8% women made up the engineering labour force. In 2016 that rose to 12.4%, a small increase but too slow. Currently women make up only 13% of Saab Australia's engineering and technical roles and we'd like that to grow.
To support this, Saab Australia offers a ‘Women in Engineering’ Scholarship designed to encourage and empower women entering the engineering industry. In particular within the following fields.
- computer systems
To be eligible for the scholarship, you need to meet the following criteria.
- You will be currently studying your second year of a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, specialising in electrical/electronics, computer science or software.
- You will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student at the time of application and subsequent years.
- You must maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 throughout the scholarship program
- You will hold Australian citizenship to meet defence industry security requirements.
How to apply
Please visit our application webpage to complete and submit the following:
- A copy of your resume, including your work history, education, extra-curricular activities and accomplishments
- Most recent copy of your academic transcript
- Completed 'Women in Engineering Scholarship' application form
Last updated: 20 August 2018 • 05:21