What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Executing quick-react subcontract requirements identified by the program team in accordance with Supply Chain management direction.
- Supporting the pursuit and successful execution of a mixed portfolio of subcontracts/intracompany POs while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures and maximizing company cost savings and profit.
- Preparing Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement.
- Drafting and compiling Request for Proposal packages to include Statements of Work, Technical/Quality Specifications, Terms and Conditions, and Proposal Preparation and Pricing Requirements/Templates.
- Analyzing and evaluating subcontractor proposals to determine adequacy, and recommending suppliers and negotiation strategies to meet company performance objectives.
- Providing subcontractor pricing, deviations from scope and/or terms and conditions, comprehensive price/cost analyses and justifications, and technical data assertions to the Contracts group during the prime proposal preparation phase.
- Negotiating price and deviations from work statements, schedule, and/or terms and conditions, while working closely with the Program Management team.
- Writing formal awards, processing internal justifications, and documenting files in preparation for internal and external reviews.
- Administering resulting subcontracts/ intracompany POs with minimal supervision, ensuring that all requirements are performed in accordance with all contractual, company, and government requirements.
- Coordinating and negotiating modifications to subcontracts/ intracompany POs as required.
- Using Oracle application to maintain subcontracts/ intracompany POs.
- Preparing and maintaining subcontract files extensive and detailed enough to permit informed decision-making by management and successful audit.
- Supporting Subcontract Management Teams that include representatives from the Program Management, Contracts, Engineering, Mission Assurance, and Finance functions.
- Providing leadership during the execution of subcontracts/ intracompany POs; representing the company throughout the lifecycle of subcontracts/ intracompany POs and maintaining strong supplier relations.
- Identification, communication, mitigation, and resolution of subcontractor-related risks and issues.
- Collaborating with the responsible Subcontract Management Teams and facilitating meetings between the company and subcontractors as appropriate to bring closure to open actions.
- Participating in program review meetings as required and providing subcontract/ intracompany PO status reports for management review/awareness.
- Promoting awareness and understanding of the Subcontracts process with respect to Subcontracts’ roles and responsibilities.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or related field.
- 8 years of Procurement, Contracts, or Supply Chain experience (6 with a Master’s degree).
- Demonstrated experience performing many aspects of subcontract management and administration from source selection through subcontract close-out for multiple subcontract types.
- Demonstrated ability to solicit and evaluate subcontractor proposals.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and creativity to develop solutions to subcontract problems.
- Possess understanding of Government contracting (to include FAR/DFAR) and key business processes.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple contracting formats, including Firm-Fixed-Price and Cost Reimbursable.
- Ability to work comfortably in a team environment, multi-task, and support concurrent requirements for different internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Prior work experience in U.S. Government Procurement, Contracts, or Supply Chain-related field.
- Prior experience working with federal contractor.
- Working knowledge of Oracle.
- NCMA or ISM Certification.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 07 June 2016 • 15:56