What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As a Senior Staff Systems Engineer you will be tasked with the design and analysis of complex radar systems, sub-systems and signal/data processing algorithms. Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze high level specifications and requirements and conduct trade studies and analyses to define system and subsystem level functional architectures
- Collaborate with system design teams to influence hardware and software architectures and allocate system/subsystem functions to those architectures
- Model system & subsystem level designs to support performance predictions
- Develop, demonstrate and evaluate signal and data processing algorithms to meet specific performance requirements
- Support system integration and business development activities
- Coach less experienced Systems Engineers on all of the above
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- A Master’s or PhD (preferred) degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or applicable scientific discipline.
- 15+ years of applicable engineering experience in the defense or aerospace domains. At least 5 of those 15 years must have involved the analysis and modeling of complex radar, acoustic or optical systems.
- Demonstrated success at defining system and subsystem level functional architectures and influencing the hardware and software architectures that implement the system/subsystem design
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 07 June 2016 • 15:56