What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
The position involves:
- Working with the software team leads to create, update and status the software schedule
- Participating in Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reviews and determining areas where corrections or improvements are needed.
- Collaborating with the other functional areas to ensure that all dependencies are resolved and satisfied
- Collaborating with the multiple Program Management Offices (PMOs) to manage the cost, schedule, and technical risks.
- Participation in technical meetings and design reviews (both internally and externally)
- Ensuring SW member adherence to the CMMI and Sensor Systems SW Development process (including proper documentation and CM related activities)
- Suggesting and providing assistance to implement process improvements
- Assistance in managing a software development team of > 40 developers.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering discipline (or similar)
- 15+ years of software development experience
- 10+ years of team or project leadership experience
- Understanding of CMMI-Level 3 processes
- Experience in software development processes
- Experience with EVMS, including development of measurable Quantifiable Backup Data (QBD)
- Ability to manage large, diverse software teams.
- Ability to provide mentoring to junior Software Leads
- Ability to identify risks in a software program schedule and provide contingency plans
- Previous process improvement experience
- Experience managing contractors, subcontractors and remote employees.
- Familiarity with SVN, JIRA, Crucible development tools.
- Familiarity with GoogleTest/GoogleMock and JUnit test frameworks.
- Familiarity with the Jenkins Continuous Integration Environment.
- Familiarity with CERT compliance and the use of Klocwork and/or Coverity.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 07 June 2016 • 15:56