What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Program Manager with wide-ranging experience using professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. This individual will typically be assigned to lead multiple programs/projects with a high level of complexity and significant manufacturing scope. This position will also be responsible for Manufacturing’s overall execution to program requirements including cost and schedule and will also act as the primary manufacturing POC to internal and external customers.
- Ability to reconcile resources to meet project needs/objectives
- Awareness/anticipation of potential problems, and ability to develop action plans
- Ability to develop a master project schedule and budget
- Team management experience to effectively communicate and influence team members to achieve desired results
- In depth understanding of financial practices and how they impact a project/program
- Ability to make significant contributions to a team through the application of program management fundamentals at the project level
- Proficient knowledge of change management, and demonstrated management of contract changes
- Ability to establish infrastructure requirements, including plant and equipment and factory layout, and warehousing
- Establish key manufacturing metrics used to track performance
- Lead effective engagement in customer interface; ability to effectively present results/content to internal and external customers in technical and program reviews
- Ability to identify and manage risks and apply them to programs
- Management of subcontractor activity
- Manage customer relationships
- Communication and effective interface with senior management
- Ability to identify and recommend continuous process improvement opportunities through program management practices such as CMMI and Six Sigma
- Experience with competitive proposals
- Ability to influence and advise on competitive proposals
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in an engineering, business or related discipline
- 8+ years experience, OR 6+ years if MA/MS degree.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 07 June 2016 • 15:56