What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking a Senior Logistics Engineer to synthesize and analyze a wide range of logistics data to develop reliability, maintainability, and sustainment predictions for new products, then manages the logistics information process through the life cycle of the product or system.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform Reliability, Maintainability, & Availability studies and Level of Repair Analyses (LORA).
- Provide input into product design documentation, including subsystem, software, and hardware requirements specifications.
- Develop logistics processes to support a product or system through its lifecycle.
- Perform Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA).
- Develop a Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
- Analyze repair cycle processes, including capacity, throughput, and performance trends.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and deliver concise presentations to customers.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in an engineering or related discipline with 8+ years of applicable experience (6+ years if MA/MS or 4+ years if PhD).
- OR 12+ years of relevant military or aerospace experience.
- Proven record of computing logistics supportability and performance in defense, aeronautical, industrial, or similar complex systems.
- Advanced skill in Excel is required; proficiency in other LMI software is a plus
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 07 June 2016 • 15:56