What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Sensor Systems is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Business Finance organization. This position will report directly to the Sensor Systems Finance Manager and provide financial support for DoD and other various contracts.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Primary financial analyst for contracts interfacing with program teams to track and forecast financial performance.
- Track revenue recognition, cash flow, program expenditures and Estimates at Completion providing timely variance analysis.
- Track program receivables and identify opportunities to improve cash flow.
- Assist the Manufacturing organization in tracking material costs from Purchase Order release, to inventory, to project expense to ensure program material estimates are accurate.
- Implement and execute Earned Value Management and Reporting.
- Prepare and present external and internal financial reporting.
- Work with Program Managers and Finance Manager to ensure program forecasts are accurately reflected in business P&L and cash flow forecasts for the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and long range planning.
- Provide proposal costing and pricing support, cash flow analysis and review of RFP clauses for compliance.
- Assist the Contracts and Subcontracts organization in complying with applicable FAR, DFARS and CAS regulations for all proposal submissions and negotiations.
- Ensure contract compliance with applicable FAR, DFARS and CAS regulations.
- External Audit interface for programs selected for review.
- Interface with Accounting to ensure program financials are properly stated on income statement and balance sheet.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. MBA Preferred.
- 8 years of experience in related role
- Financial analysis experience in the U.S. DoD contracting industry.
- Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in MS Excel including but not limited to pivot tables, formulas and graphing.
- Ability to interface and work with various cross functional teams and work effectively with various levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with Oracle E-business Suite, Deltek MPM, Hyperion Financial Management and other financial management software helpful but not required.
- Familiarity with US GAAP and general accounting rules and principles.
- S. Government Contracting experience including familiarity with FAR, DFARS and CAS rules and regulations.
- Experience in costing and pricing compliant U.S. DoD proposals.
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management (EVM) systems and reporting.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 07 June 2016 • 15:56