What you will be a part of
Support and Services, a business area of Saab, supplies a wide range of services and integrated support solutions to customers in defence and on commercial markets for cost-efficient support of systems and platforms throughout their life cycle.
You will be a part of the Operation Centre Solutions (OCS) department where we develop software based Command, Control and Communication systems for the civil security area. The systems are used to streamline, monitor and protect critical flows and operations, which places very high demands on system security and availability.
Our customers include police forces, ambulance services, fire and rescue services, airports, prisons, etc. We are developing systems which are critical for the business of our customers so the focus is on performance, reliability and configurability. We work closely with our customers and are driven by strong customer and user focus. We adopt an Agile methodology and we aim to constantly develop and work with the latest technology.
Our solutions are cutting edge technology and for the right person the Operation Centre Solutions department offers enormous opportunities to work with stimulating and challenging work, alongside with skilled and dedicated co-workers.
We are now looking for Commissioning and Support Engineers to join our recently established UK-based operation. An important part of the role is to provide commissioning services and on-call support to our customer’s in the South and therefore we are looking for candidates based near the M3/M4 corridor.
- Configuration and installation of mission-critical solutions to our customers
- Quality Assurance in QA, pre-prod and production environments during project and support phases
- Creation of test specifications and test reports executed in customer environment
- Work with business owners and clients to coordinate user acceptance testing and operational testing
- Training of end-users, super users, administrators and IT administrators
- Be part of our 24/7 support team, providing technical support to customers, finding solutions to reported issues, managing maintenance of the system, etc.
Your skills and experience
- Experience of commissioning mission-critical information systems
- Experience of QA assurance for large-scale mission-critical solutions
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and iterative development
- Experience in creation of API’s
- Experience of training end- and super users
- Experience in providing technical support to customer with high availability solutions
- MS Server 2008/2012 and MS Windows 7,8,10 Client OS competence
- MS Active Directory
- TCP/IP and basic knowledge of configuring network devices
- VMWare Infrastructure
- Knowledge of ITIL v3
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong client-facing skills
Last updated: 18 April 2017 • 13:12