The three-year sponsorship will fund:
- Heath, advocacy and welfare programs.
- Emergency housing for homeless veterans.
- Financial support for Defence families in challenging circumstances.
- Transitional training for Armed Services personnel moving into civilian life.
- Assistance dogs for veterans with combat-induced stress.
In addition to this, Saab staff at their Technology Park, Adelaide headquarters will also be involved in RSL-SA fundraising initiatives including the annual ANZAC Day Appeal, the Operation K9 assistance dogs campaign collection, and the Trojan’s Trek Walk for stress relief.
Announcing the company’s sponsorship, the managing director of Saab Australia, Dean Rosenfield, said: “Saab is delighted to be able to give something back to the South Australian community and as a defence company we are particularly pleased to be able support veterans and their families.”
The chief executive officer of the RSL-SA, Ms Sam Jackman, welcomed the Saab sponsorship as “a perfect fit”. “Saab has built a proud reputation over a long period,” she said. “We see ourselves as ideal companions in serving the needs of the Defence community.”
Visit the Operation K9 Website